by Jason Shaw, Consultant, Azura Search
Azura Search partners with global technology platform to deliver VP of Finance
Earlier this year, Azura Search was approached to partner with a global private equity backed technology platform, headquartered in London, to deliver the search for a Country VP of Finance based in their Nordic subsidiary. The VP of Finance would lead a team of four people and work closely with the leadership team, including the Group CFO. With the client operating in approximately 20 markets across Europe, to be successful each candidate would need to showcase their approach to this.
- Brief: Azura Search has a very strong relationship with the Group CFO which enabled us to quickly understand what our client’s values and aims were and what good looked like for them. This was done over video conference due to the Group CFO’s travel commitments
- Search: Being an international search business, Azura Search was able to utilise our technological capabilities to map and engage with our global network virtually in order to build a high calibre longlist of candidates quickly.
- Assessments: Through both formal and informal video conferences, assessments and candidate profiling we were able to build good relationships with a longlist of candidates and assess them against the search criteria for this role.
- Shortlist: The shortlist was sent prior to the meeting and presented to the client virtually via video conference.
- Interviews: The client held the first and second rounds of interviews virtually. It was only at the final stage interview that the preferred candidate went to the office to meet the Group CFO in person.
This search had multiple stakeholders across different locations and time zones. Most of the search process was delivered virtually which meant the search moved at speed.
Azura Search assigned a centralised research and delivery team to execute this search. This approach ensured we were able to apply an agile and thorough process that could be delivered at the pace required by our client.
Due to the international nature of this search our client leant on the Azura practice partner to ensure cultural fit and to manage the full process including coordinating all logistics.
Our centralised research and delivery team ran a hugely successful search process that was well coordinated and completed virtually until the final stage. Following the final face to face interview the preferred candidate was offered and they accepted.
Azura’s role in this process was fully remote. From taking the brief from the client, to longlisting and shortlisting candidates, gaining feedback from both sides and finally to managing the offer and referencing process.
A search of this nature often requires a unique approach to assessing candidates but through effective assessments, communication and strong management of the search process it can result in a successful experience for all parties.
To find out more about how we are helping companies to deliver virtual searches please contact us today - [email protected]